When you use a health or disability service in New Zealand, you have the protection of a Code of Rights. The Code of Health and Disability Services Consumers’ Rights provides the following 10 rights:
- The right to be treated with respect
- The right to freedom from discrimination, coercion, harassment, and exploitation
- The right to dignity and independence
- The right to services of an appropriate standard
- The right to effective communication
- The right to be fully informed
- The right to make an informed choice and give informed consent
- The right to support
- Rights in respect of teaching or research
- The right to complain
To see a more detailed list of your rights, check out the Health & Disability Commissioner’s website.
You can also download a copy of the Code of Rights in different languages.
If you have any questions about how you will receive support from Private Care NZ, you can contact our team on 0800 55 55 88 or email [email protected]
Health and Disability Commissioner
Te Toihau Hauora,Hauatanga